The Credo Foundation for Justice was established by members of the Holy Faith Sisters and partners in 1993. It was a response to ‘a world that is becoming progressively more unjust, more exploitative of the powerless of the earth and more deaf to the cry of the poor.’
Inspired by the God-given dignity and equality of every human being, and informed by the Constitution of Trinidad and Tobago, we envision a nation where all people have the opportunity to exercise their rights and responsibilities, to reach their full potential and to live life to the full.
- To offer socially displaced children a safe home away from the drugs, crime and gangs on the streets and other abusive situations, and to help them to acquire the personal, social and educational skills they need to become self-reliant, contributing citizens, and responsible parents of the future
- To empower families and facilitate re-integration where possible
- To provide a safe place with positive activities to the boys and girls of the Nelson/Duncan Street area as an antidote to the perceived need to join gangs
- To create awareness of the reality of socially displaced children and injustices against children
- To make an impact on our national systemic problems of homelessness, crime and violence
Donors based in T&T should enter “00000” (five zeros) in the Zip code and “TT” in the State. All donations are in TT$.